eGroup Rules & Etiquette
Thanks for being part of our eGroup community. To ensure the best possible experience for all eGroup members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using these lists, you agree that you have read and will follow the rules and guidelines set for these peer discussion groups. You also agree to reserve list discussions for topics best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. NACUBO reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership on all lists for members who violate these rules.
- Don't challenge or attack others. The discussions on the lists are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Don't post commercial messages on any eGroup. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything in a eGroup message that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted to the list.
- Send your message only to the most appropriate list(s). Do not spam several lists with the same message.
- All messages must add to the body of knowledge. NACUBO reserves the right to reject any message for any reason.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
These eGroups are provided as a service of NACUBO. NACUBO is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. NACUBO disclaims all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by NACUBO or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall NACUBO be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants NACUBO and users of this list the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
NACUBO does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to our attention, NACUBO will take all appropriate action.